New Opening: Procurement Officer
October 25, 2017
Procurement Support Officer
Teachers First is looking for a highly talented Procurement Support Officer who speaks and writes fluently both Arabic and English. The core purpose of the role is to procure goods and services for the project, ensuring both quality and price.
The Teachers First Project offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside educators and experts. Teachers First is a project that helps to improve and sustain the professional development of teachers across Egypt. Through the Teachers First learning journey, teachers take part in a series of workshops and events to develop their professional behaviors.
The role would suit someone with excellent organizational skills, capacity to promote and implement collaboration within the team and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate must be fluent in English and Arabic, be a very strong team player, be able to manage competing deadlines, show a high degree of accuracy, be able to cope well under pressure and clearly communicate the values of the project.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a full time, office based position. The location of the office in Zamalek, Cairo
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Procurement Support Officers core responsibilities include the following:
- Carry out supplier research to ensure we have sufficient suppliers to meet the needs of the projects. The target is a minimum of 3 suppliers for core supplies.
- Negotiate with the suppliers to ensure best value contracts.
- Order goods and services.
- Deal with internal and external enquires related to orders processed within the team
- Monitor the quality of goods and services and ensure order matches delivery.
- Ensure goods and services are delivered on time.
- Maintain accurate stock records.
- Maintain sufficient levels of goods.
- Ensure all bills submitted are accurate.
- To work with the finance department to ensure bills are submitted and paid promptly.
- To champion the procurement function and become a subject matter expert.
- To continuously find ways of improving the delivery of the procurement function.
- To ensure that procurement meets the needs of the client.
- To provide general administrative support including, but not limited to maintaining records.
The responsibilities are indicative and may vary over time. Employees are expected to undertake other responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the role.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build effective relationships with colleagues and supplier
- Can manage time and priorities
- Is a strong team player who adopts a collaborative working style
- Is honest and trustworthy
- Exhibits creativity, initiative and flexibility
- Applies critical thinking and creativity to solve problems
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
- Can multi-task and stay calm under pressure
- Displays a positive attitude
- Adapts successfully to changing situations and environments
- Is determined to get things done. Makes thing happened and constantly loos for better ways of doing things.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st of November alongside a covering letter letting us know why you would be suitable for the role. Both the CV and letter must be in English.